From: Andreas Weber <aendu@worldwideweber.ch>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Fri, November 26, 2010 5:01:27 AM
Subject: Re: Debian (2.6.35) on Mac Mini (late-2010)

On 2010-11-24 22:18, w f wrote:
> and got a message saying that "... no bootable disk can be found
> ..." During installation of Debian, my HW (500.1 GB ATA Toshiba
> MK5055GS) was detected w/o issue. Before trying rEFIt, I used the
> installer disc in "recovery mode." I successfully mounted / and browsed
> around a bit. So ... I'm terribly confused. (LOL)

Just curiosity: What happens if you

- boot into MacOS once
- reboot
- use the rEFIt partitioning tool to sync the MBR
- reboot and try your Debian

? Your Debian should start ok afterwards from rEFIt

Without having a clue why, this is what actually works for me when it
happens once in a while. It seems that booting into MacOS fixes/syncs
something in the EFI environment that works ok afterwards.

Has anybody more insights on this?