Re: BUG: Epiphany and Evolution start in offline mode when I am online wireless

Lenny "stable" 2.6.86 GNOME 2.22.3
Folder path: apps/epiphany/general/
In the window to the right (Name/Value) look for managed network.
Uncheck this value.
Exit
Restart browser.

I've noticed the same problem with the Network Icon always has the red 'x'
Until it becomes I probably I won't get around to trouble shooting it.

I am connected to the Internet via an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
(iwl3945 module). Epiphany and Evolution work fine, but always start in
"offline mode". To connect to any site resp. receive/send e-mail, I have
to uncheck the item "Work offline" in the "Files" menu of
Epiphany/Evolution. Iceweasel/Firefox behaves different and starts in
online mode. Lynx and ping also work fine from the start.

Perhaphs its a bug in Gnome: When I am connected wireless the network
manager always shows the "not connected" icon, even when I am online.
Connecting wired via eth0 "cures" the problem. Perhaps Gnome notifies
all Gnome-native apps that I am offline when I am using wlan0 (because
eth0 is dead).

I am using Debian GNU/Linux "Lenny" (testing), kernel 2.6.24-1-amd64 #1
SMP, and Gnome 2.22.1.