Re: upgrade to squeeze fails for NFS-rooted system

debian@good-with-numbers.com put forth on 11/27/2010 11:50 PM:
> Upgrading lenny to squeeze fails with the following message during
> "apt-get upgrade":
>
> ----------
> Preparing to replace mount 2.13.1.1-1 (using .../mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb) ...
> You have NFS mount points currently mounted, and this version of mount
> requires that nfs-common be upgraded before NFS mounts will work.
>
> Aborting install.
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb
> ----------
>
> Yes, I do have an NFS mount--my whole filesystem:
>
> ----------
> # mount
> /dev/nfs on / type nfs (rw)
> [...]
> ----------
>
> So how do I upgrade?

See:

Did you upgrade apt-get, aptitude, and dpkg before attempting the full
upgrade?  Did you try "aptitude safe-upgrade" as well as "apt-get upgrade"?

Did you try manually upgrading nfs-common, nfs-utils, and mount,
individually, before performing the rest of the upgrade.

Did you attempt any troubleshooting before firing off this email to
debian-user?

As noted in the bug report by one of the devs, they assume a sysadmin
capable of setting up diskless workstations is smart enough to figure
his way around this bug...

--
Stan