Re: unloading unnecessary modules

Stan,

Correct. On my severs I too have sound cards and USB. I don't really
need them so I would rather unload them. I suppose I can do a macro
benchmark and state if it helped or not but I would like to know on a
micro level to see if it helped. I think one possibility is to do
"lat_pipe" from lmbench to measure transaction latency of a UNIX pipe.

My goal is to have the most optimal kernel/tuning since our
application is very latency sensitive.