Re: Filechooser different behaviour between Iceweasel and Icedove

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:59:26 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> My mother noticed something interesting on her laptop (squeeze).

All mothers have a hidden hacker soul inside :-)

> When trying to attach a picture in a Gmail using the webinterface (via
> Iceweasel) a click on the file will show a preview in the filechooser
> (somewhere on the right side of the files list).
>
> When trying to attach a picture while composing a message in Icedove,
> (what seems to be) the same filechooser does not show a preview.
>
> If it matters I can reproduce it on my sid system.
>
> Any idea where's the difference and what I can do to get the picture
> preview via Icedove?

Yep. It also happens here. It seems Thunderbird (Icedove) is using two
different GTK+ file chooser menus (or just has disabled the preview pane
in one of them).

Look:

a/ When you open Icedove and go "File → open → saved message" and from
combobox select "show all files" and then choose an image, there is a
preview in the right pane as it should, like Iceweasel does.

But...

b/ When you are composing a message and select "Attach file" and select
an image, there is no preview.

Quite strange it's using two types of menus but true is that Icedove also
features a very different "print" menu than Iceweasel :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón