Re: switching between amd64 + i386

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:36:48 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> You can install two GRUBs (inside the first sector of each boot
>> partition) and mark the default one with the bootable flag.
>>

> I have trouble googling that. How do you install each?

You can install GRUB from different ways:

- Using Debian installer
- Using SuperGrubDisk
- Using GRUB's own tools ("grub-install", "setup")

In all these options, you can either install GRUB into MBR of the first
disk (specifiying "hd0"), or into the boot sector of the second partition
("hd0,1").

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/legacy/grub.html#Installing-GRUB-natively

This is for GRUB legacy, which I use to install. I cannot find the
official docs for GRUB2, but it should be pretty similar.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón