Lenny install freezes

Hi All

My lenny install is freezing at the point where the display reads "Select
and Install Software"

This is immediately after I select the repository and it has gone away and
checks it and then goes to upgrade the existing base.

The display says upgrading briefly, then says please wait, and it sits at
1% indefinitely.

I have tried different repositories, and there is no error like when
volatile is not available. I have downloaded the latest ISO again.

The machine (DL380) I am installing on has had Lenny installed on numerous
times previous as it is my test machine. So I assume it to be OK.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Regards

Fred