Re: Bonded NIC's did not come up at boot?

vr put forth on 11/22/2010 5:32 PM:

> mii-tool is showing:
> eth0: negotiated 1000baseT-HD flow-control, link ok
> eth1: negotiated 1000baseT-HD flow-control, link ok
>
> but "mii-tool bond0" shows:
> bond0 10 Mbit, half duplex, link ok
>
> My switchport says the port is currently at 1000... How can I get that
> bonded link to return the right speed at the host?

Switch *port* or *port[s]*.  Your original email said you're linking to
two separate switches, one attached to each NIC.

Which bonding mode are you using (0-6)?  If you are using mode 4 this
won't work with two switches.  802.3ad requires both bonded ports be on
the same switch, and the switch must be manually programmed for this.

Configuring mode 4 on your Linux host with each cable going to a
different switch may very likely cause the bogus mii-tool output for the
bonded link.

Give us _all_ of the technical details of how you _want_ this setup and
how you currently have it setup so that we may better help you.

--
Stan