Re: can grub on one disk boot OS on another disk?

Dne, 21. 11. 2010 11:29:38 je Long Wind napisal(a):
My first disk is IDE and called hd0 by grub
My 2nd disk is scsi, it probably won't work if I call it "hd[0,1]" in menu.lst

Agreed. Both the legacy and the new Grub have the so-called interactive mode, which allows you to find out how Grub sees your drives. There are some related interactive Grub commands that let you do it (it involves tab completion). I can't be bothered to google it for you now, sorry, but there's a plethora of Grub howtos and manuals on the web, really.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.