Re: Is DRI supposed to work in xserver-xorg-video-intel?

On 2010-11-20 21:28 +0100, Borden Rhodes wrote:

> Once again, Sven, I owe you my sanity.  I've read that Debian was still
> looking into framebuffer issues with Intel, whether to keep UMS or
> migrate to KMS.  Is that debate related to the DRI/shadow issue?

Well, yes.  The attempt to reenable UMS didn't solve the problems and
was abandoned, current -intel packages require KMS and use a shadowfb on
i8xxx hardware by default (the latter is a Debian-specific patch,
upstream's default is not to enable shadow on any hardware).

Not pretty, but better solutions have simply not been found. :-(

Sven