Re: waiting for meter-svc.nytimes.com

Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:26:00 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

With either IW or google-chrome I get 'waiting for meter-svc.nytimes.com
when looking at the nytimes site. This is with Sid.

With Lenny and a laptop I don' t get that.

They are connected to the same broadband router.

Anybody see something like that?

Same here... with lenny+IW.
But after some seconds, the page loads fine.

I'm afraid that machine (meter-svc.nytimes.com) could be kinda host/proxy holding javascript metrics for getting counted all the "hits" of the users. Marketing...

But why does it wait much longer with the desktop+Sid than with the laptop+Lenny?