Re: can't read asus support dvd

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:43:29 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>>> Disk is spotless.
>>> Original manufacturer's disk
>>
>> Try the DVD media in another DVD device.
>>

> Bingo! Mounts just fine on laptop with Lenny!

Hmmm, then... what could be conclude? A strange incompatibility between
your HP DVD drive and Asus DVD media?

- HP unit can read other DVD media
- HP unit cannot read Asus DVD
- Asus DVD reads fine in another computer

I have read awful stories about firmware revisions that disallow DVD
devices from reading some kind of media but... who knows :-?

That's why I hate managing optical discs and optical devices: hard to
debug and very unfriendly to deal with :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón