Re: Where has my Windows partition gone?

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:33:25 +0000, John O Laoi wrote:

> I have a dual boot laptop running squeeze.
>
> I update regularly.
>
> I rarely use the Windows partition – I have not used it for several
> months.
>
> However, it now appears to be gone, according to grub. At least, when I
> boot up, and get the blue screen with the list of options, the Windows
> one is not there. Instead I get a list of kernels

(...)

What you seem to have "lost" is your GRUB's booting Windows entry,
nothing to worry about :-)

First, was windows menu there before? This is important, because if it
was there, it should stay. Auto-deletion of any GRUB's menu entry could
be considered a bug.

If it never was present, then it's fine. Automatic detection of other OS
is not always possible, although desirable. Anyway, you can always
manually add an entry for your OS.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón