Re: how to start gnome from the command line

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> wrote:
I have just installed debian squeeze from CD-rom 1 (amd64), and from the
command line run sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment.

But on booting the computer I am still dropped to a shell, and the command
startx
do not work.

How do I start gnome from the command line (and how configure debian to start
it automatically on boot?

Kjetil

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)