Re: Problems with /etc/modprobe.conf

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:38:28 -0500 (EST), Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>> [...] the warning message disappears but the printer
>> doesn't work.  With /etc/modprobe.conf, the printer works normally.

Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> writes:

> So the warning message disappears.  Good.  But what about the virtual console
> characters?  Are the characters still smaller than they were before?  What
> about the other "strange things"?  Are they still strange?  In other words,
> is the failure of the printer to work the only symptom of moving
> /etc/modprobe.conf to the /etc/modprobe.d directory and naming it
> parport.conf?  Does everything else in your system behave the way it did
> before you installed the printer driver?  Or is something else different?

After moving /etc/modprobe.conf to the /etc/modprobe.d directory and naming it
parport.conf and rebooting, apparently everything else in my system behaves the
way it did before I installed the printer driver.  The only problem is that the
printer doesn't work.  If I want it to work, I have to leave /etc/modprobe.conf
there where Samsung put it.

Thanks
Rodolfo