Re: Recovery from hard drive failure

On 11/11/2010 1:01 PM, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:

4.  Use LVM (or fdisk?) to partition the resulting array (boot, linux,
and swap)

I personally would definitely partition the /dev/md[0123...] RAID devices, and then definitely use LVM inside the partitions. It gives you an extra level of flexibility to work with during your "administration".

However, using DOS-style partitions is not necessary if you use LVM, and in the past, I have been taken to task for recommending it.

In any case, *do* use LVM.  You can work magic with it.