Re: lenny-backports, Squeeze upgrade

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> I've not in my Debian experience performed a distribution upgrade on a
> system where backports packages are currently installed.  Going from
> Lenny to Squeeze will be my first.
>
> Will aptitude automatically and correctly replace my backport packages
> with the corresponding new squeeze packages?  How is this handled?

>From the release notes:

"The backports.org repository mainly contains packages from “testing”,
with reduced version numbers so that the upgrade path from lenny
backports to squeeze still works. However, there are a few backports
which are made from unstable: security updates, plus the following
exceptions: Firefox, the Linux kernel, OpenOffice.org, and X.Org."