Re: fax server

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:53:30 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> I'm currently testing a fax server setup with hylafax but dumbfounded
> when i found that the open source version does not support Primary Rate
> Interface (PRI) despite the hardware capability Refer to
> http://www.ifax.com/products/hylafax/hylafax.html#PS_HylaFAX_Comparison
> (click on the "Hylafax Comparison" tab)

Uh? Do you need something special for you PRI line?

As long as your hardware is supported by hylafax (active/passive isdn
card) you're done. All my faxes are behind ISDN lines (BRI, S/T), while
I'm using using analog outputs (with POTS modems) isdn cards should just
work.

HylaFAX was kinda forked/branched into HylaFAX+, you can also look in
there, but AFAIK main difference between both is about how fast are
features incorporated into new reelases (while hylafax is more
conservative, hylafax+ is more active and adds enhancements quickly).

> So now, other than Hylafax, is there any other open source fax server
> that is available on Debian Lenny that supports PRI?
>
> The PRI that I mentioned is
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_Rate_Interface
>
> Thanks for any info.

I'm not sure why that comparative table shows PRI is not compatible with
hylafax, but better ask in Hylafax forums/mailing list and tell them the
hardware you are wanting to use. They will provide you an accurate
response :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón