Re: A question for the list:

On 05/11/10 02:50, ZephyrQ wrote:
If you could not/did not use Debian (either Lenny, Squeeze, or Sid),
which other distribution would you use and why?

Since I don't use debian for everything and it depends what I'm doing, I can't really answer that. For firewalls, load balancers, routers (where I'm not using Cisco et al) I use OpenBSD. Some webservers and such like are also OpenBSD. Desktop is a mix of debian and windows, I use windows for games as not all games work under wine etc plus you get better performance using latest nvidia drivers and windows nativly, in general (Linux plays games alot better recently, admittedly, but when you want max settings and max FPS, I just find it doesn't cut it for me).

Linux is good for high memory systems and where you need SMP which OpenBSD doesn't do well. But essentially, I believe OpenBSD is a lot better for more things

FreeBSD has ZFS support so that's always around and I think ZFS is pretty good!!!