Re: [OT] KMail - forwarding issues

On 10/31/2010 09:14 AM, Klistvud wrote:
Unfortunately, many of us have that path quite simply *thrust upon us*. I wouldn't call that a choice by any stretch of the imagination. Ever tried updating your mail over a tethered UMTS phone because your DSL line just died or you're in the wild somewhere, with only your laptop and your GSM phone? It's an enlightening experience, at a flaky 2-3 kps. Particularly when you realize that the bulk of that 45-minutes download that has drained both your battery and your pre-paid GSM account, has been taken by a couple of unsolicited multimedia-infested HTML mails ...
can't you tell your mail client to either:
1. not download html emails, headers only
2. not download ANY email with attachments
3. not download any email over Xkb

I feel your pain.. I was just in a hotel all week, where the dsl connection was:
1. flakey & prone to disconnect
2. SLOW...
and of course my wifes Windows box on Tuesday wanted to download a 111MB virus program update and 11 Windows updates, and Thunderbird wanted to update to 3.1.6 !!!!!!!

Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800