Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:28:18 +0800, Mich Mich wrote:

(...)

> Any idea why the extra packages (eg exim) are installed when desktop is
> connected to the router?
> Are they actually required?

Dunno why, true is that in my laptop I lack Exim also, maybe because I
installed the laptop pattern and this does not trigger the installation
of a full e-mail server :-?

It would be interesting that you list all the packages from both systems
and then compare them, something like:

>From laptop:
dpkg --get-selections > $HOME/Desktop/comp1.txt

>From desktop:
dpkg --get-selections > $HOME/Desktop/comp2.txt

And then run diff:

diff $HOME/Desktop/comp1.txt $HOME/Desktop/comp2.txt > $HOME/Desktop/diff.txt

"diff.txt" will show you all the packages installed in desktop not
present in laptop.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón