Re: sid: 'git command' works but not 'git-command'

Hi Joel

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 05:53:38PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> Is there any configuration option for this, or
> do I need to create a bunch of aliases?
>
> Thanks. I wonder who decided to make this change.
> Is it a Debian or a git decision? Or perhaps a bug?
>
> 'man git-merge' is present, but not executable 'git-merge'.

In the 'NEWS.Debian.gz of the git-core package you can read the
following:

---[ NEWS.Debian.gz ]-------------------------------------------------
git-core (1:1.6.0-1) experimental; urgency=low

  Most of the programs are now installed outside the default $PATH,
  except for "git", "gitk" and some server side programs that need
  to be accessible for technical reasons.  Invoking a git subcommand
  as "git-xyzzy" from the command line has been deprecated since
  early 2006 (and officially announced in the 1.5.4 release notes);
  using the "git-xyzzy" form in scripts after adding the output from
  "git --exec-path" to the $PATH is still supported in this release,
  but users are again strongly encouraged to adjust their scripts to
  use the "git xyzzy" form, as this support might be dropped in later
  releases.

 -- Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org>  Sun, 24 Aug 2008 22:31:44 +0000

Hmm, hope this info helps you. Do not know yet in which version it
then finally got dropped.

Bests
Salvatore