how to tell what packages are unused on a debian server?
- To: Debian User List <email@example.com>
- Subject: how to tell what packages are unused on a debian server?
- From: "Robert P. J. Day" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:12:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Message-id: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
just a cleanup-related question but on a debian lenny server that
i've inherited, i'm curious to know which packages have no value
whatever and that i can delete. i recall there's a utility that will
identify unused libraries but i'm curious about what else i can
pinpoint that can be removed.
this system is a web/mail server and, since its IP address is
assigned statically and another system is responsible for all DNS/DHCP
functionality internally, i conclude that i can remove the
dhcp-related packages. that's just one example.
any utilities that can help out in this regard? thanks.
Robert P. J. Day Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA