Increasing the verbosity of "apt-get"

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to increase the verbosity of "apt-get" console
output.

For example, in my perpetual "testing" machine, I use this one-liner to
update the system:

***
apt-get update && apt-get -V dist-upgrade
***

But sometimes I get new packages to be installed (mostly due to
dependencies coming from another packages) and I would like to know more
information about the source (what package requirement pulls the
installation of the new package, from what repo is the package to be
installed coming, etc...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón