Re: nfs shares not mounted on boot

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:00:03 +0200 Denis Laxalde wrote:
> Recently nfs shares stopped being automatically mounted on 2 of my
> machines. These are up-to-date squeeze systems and the nfs server runs
> lenny. This used to work fine until one or two months ago. I cannot see
> any relevant message in logs.

On my machines, nfs shares are mounted at boot time via /etc/network/if-
up.d/mountnfs. I once had the same problem, that shares were not
automatically mounted anymore. I ran that script manually, mount failed
with a error message that some file in /var didn't get removed properly.
Solution: removed it by hand.

Cheers,
Simon