From: "B. Alexander" <storm16@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:10:33 -0400
To: Debian-user List<debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Mail server recommendations

Hi all,

I figured I would ask for a sanity check here. I'm looking to replace my internal mail server. Right now, I'm running Zimbra 5.0.x, but I have always run on the low end of the hardware requirements, and now, the box I am running on (2.4 GHz P4, 1GB RAM) is being beaten to death by java in zimbra. Load average always hovers between 3 and 6.

Now the mail server, since Comcast blocked port 25, is mainly used for internal monitor/security messages, like ossec and opsview, apticron messages, etc. So I was looking to set up an OpenVZ container, probably sid, as a mailserver with the following:

* postfix
* dovecot
* spamassassin (in case I ever decide to work around the port 25 block)
* roundcube for webmail

Anyone got any suggestons? Either anything I'm missing or packages that work better?