Re: Mail server recommendations

I had considered squirrel, but I'm not in love with the interface.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:10:33 -0400, B. Alexander wrote:

(...)

> Now the mail server, since Comcast blocked port 25, is mainly used for
> internal monitor/security messages, like ossec and opsview, apticron
> messages, etc. So I was looking to set up an OpenVZ container, probably
> sid, as a mailserver with the following:
>
> * postfix
> * dovecot
> * spamassassin (in case I ever decide to work around the port 25 block)
> * roundcube for webmail
>
> Anyone got any suggestons? Either anything I'm missing or packages that
> work better?

I like Postfix and Dovecot :-)

Spamassassin is resource (ram/cpu) consuming and provided that you are
not going online (no spam) it could be omitted.

As an alternative to Roundcube (I avoid webmail as much as I can) I would
take a look into Squirrel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón