Re: Debian stock kernel config -- CONFIG_NR_CPUS=32?

Someone once said "a text taken out of context is pretext".  The
original thread concentrated on the potential advantages of adding
CPUs to improve performance and the apparent law of diminishing
return.  I was merely supporting that with the classic law which most
certainly may be applied to coupled multiprocessing.  Disagreements
should be addressed to
John Hennessy, author "Computer Architecture a Quantitative Approach"
(out of which I teach), in care of the office of the President,
Stanford University
Larry