Re: text-only login is root?

On 10/21/2010 10:11 PM, post id wrote:

--- On Fri, 10/22/10, David Jardine<david@jardine.de>  wrote:

--- On Thu, 10/21/10, David Jardine<david@jardine.de>
wrote:

[snip]
My setup is a seven-year-old laptop, with Lenny and Fluxbox
and Icewm. The laptop has a cd/cdrw/dvd drive,
a 40GB hard drive, wifi and ethernet. Most-used software are
browser and email plus some office and DTP apps. To shutdown, I
usually manually close down apps, then do "shutdown -h now"
in an Xterm.

What we *should* be asking you is, "Since you use startx like God intended, why do you feel the need for ctrl-alt-f1?"

>              Is there a better way?

Exit all the way out of Fluxbox and *then* run "shutdown -h now".

--
Seek truth from facts.