Re: USB

On 10/18/2010 03:43 AM, Ted Wager wrote:
> I just dd'd a Debian .img file to a usb stick and it boots ok..I then put
> another partition on the stick for persist..Anyone tell me how I make the
> Debian install see the persist partition ?

You could try:

  boot from the the usb stick;
  determine the device name used by the kernel to mount /
  use cfdisk to view device partitions (to be sure everything looks OK)
  add the "persist" partition to /etc/fstab
    you may want to create directory in / for it to mount on, or
    just use a mount point in /media/
  mount the partition

This is all standard stuff, you should be able to find details about
each step in your documentation.

--
Bob McGowan