Re: Seahorse Terminal Messages

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:50:23 -0600
pcr <pcr@pcrt.us> wrote:

> I used Seahorse version 2.30.1 from the command line today and saw
> these messages in my
> terminal; Are they important and could someone tell the developer for
> me (I don't know how)?
>
> ~$ seahorse
> ** Message: init gpgme version 1.2.0
>
> (gnome-help:5094): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tool_button_new: assertion
> `icon_widget == NULL || GTK_IS_MISC (icon_widget)' failed
[etc]

No real need to fear... this is... unforunately standard GLib/GTK
assert(1==1) cruft from the idea that the console is useless.

I see more of this when I fire up Iceweasel than anything -- Just tons
of messages that dont mean anything other than "LIFE IS GOOD!"

Try firing up Evolution or the GNOME panel... Its... scary what
developers seem to think its a good idea to pummel stdout with.

--
Morgan Gangwere

PGP Key at http://indrora.homelinux.org/gpg_key.asc

BOFH Excuse #954:
Standard input using non-standard format.