adaptive traffic shaping with shorewall?

is it possible to implement adaptive traffic shaping with shorewall?

What I have in mind is, for example, to be able to specify that
outgoing ftp traffic shouldn´t use more than 1/4 of the total
bandwidth if the other 3/4 of it are used otherwise. When there´s free
bandwidth, the outgoing ftp traffic should be allowed to use it --- up
to 4/4 or up to 3/4 or whatever else I specify. I guess I´d also have
to specify how fast the shaping should adapt, like saying "when the
rest of the bandwidth has been free for this long, allow ftp to use it
until there´s other traffic going on for that long" ...