Re: lazarus & fpc - absent

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 11:38:37 Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 10/10/2010 16:21, Lisi wrote:
> > Johan seems to want a lot of more up-to-date stuff.  Would he not be
> > better to use Squeeze in the first place?  After all, it is over two
> > tears since Lenny was frozen.  Then he wouldn'y have to dive into more
> > complex stuff immediately.  He does not appear to be sufficiently at home
> > yet to grasp the difference between Lenny and Sid - let alone to try and
> > run those two together!

> Lisi,
> Thanks,
>
> I have downloaded Debian-weekly-test dvd
> and all is there. Most on the dvd and some from repo.

:-)  Good.

> I know I am running unstable test but will update regularly.
> This mail is from Test.

I think that a large percentage of the users on this list use Squeeze on their
desktops.  It has already ben frozen, so will become progressively more
stable until it becomes Stable and Lenny is downgraded to Old Stable.  So you
should be fine.  I am sure that that was the best thing to do in the
circumstances.

By the way, Squeeze is Testing, which is not unstable.  Tho' it probably
appears unstable to many people here, it is not classified as unstable, but
as testing.  Sid is Unstable and is indeed unstable!  This nomenclature is
not of itself important, but I may not be the only one who has found that
your posts are sometimes a bit confusing because I am not sure to which out
of Squeeze and Sid you are referring.  I am woefully ignorant about Fedora so
cannot just translate. ;-)

Lisi