Re: Nouveau

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Sven points out, there is no current support for 3D in Nuvó driver
> (there is, but is very experimental and probably highly unstable¹).

> Should you want to play with 3D programs/applications, just install
> nvidia driver.

> ¹ http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/GalliumHowto

Nouveau/Gallium is worth a try at least. A lot of work is being done on
these drivers and depending on the chip in his card, they could turn out
to be a pleasant surprise. I am currently running them on an old FX5200
card and I can play bzflag at 1680x1050 with no problem, but e.g. Torcs
is a little too much. However, more work is being done on the drivers for
the newer cards than the driver for my old card, so you if you have one
of those, you could be in luck even with more demanding games.

Morten