Re: Configure radius to run script under different user

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:00:36 +0100, Jennie Kingsland wrote:

Please, don't cross-post.

(...)

> If I run radiusd -X from command line as user support, radius starts up
> fine.
>

> However if I run the startup script as user support from /etc/init.d by
> entering #./start-my-radius.sh it comes up with error
>
> upport@OXC-RPROXY-02:/etc/init.d$ ./start-my-radius.sh
>
> radiusd: Cannot initialize supplementary group list for user support:
> Operation not permitted

Know nothing about radius, but "radiusd.conf¹" seems to say that radius
server has to be started by root user if you change the default user/
group, although after that, it drops its perms and uses the user-defined
ones.

¹ http://wiki.freeradius.org/Radiusd.conf

Greetings,

--