Re: Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ogya Chief <ogyachief@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have just bought a pc with Windows 7 pre-installed and I want to partition and install debian on the drive. If I use the debian installer's partitioner, what precautions do I have to take in order not to damage the Windows partition?

I would suggest using jkdefraggui to move all Windows 7 files to the front of the disk, before doing any partitioning work, to help reduce the risk of messing up the Windows 7 installation.

Mark