Re: case fan control

Dne, 10. 10. 2010 18:24:01 je Camaleón napisal(a):

I maybe wrong but AFAIK, 3-pin fans cannot be controller by ACPI (only
PWM, that is, 4-pin fans can). Anyway, you can use an external fan
regulator which allows you to put the fan rpm at fixed speed or you can
buy a silent (low speed) fan.

I think ACPI can cotrol 3-pin fans too -- *if* such support is built into the motherboard. You probably just have to install some particular package, such as lm-sensors or fancontrol or a dedicated kernel module? I regret not being able to be more specific, but it's been some time since I've tackled the fan controllers on my boxes. I was under the impression actually that ACPI fan control worked out-of-the-box on Debian, but memory may be failing me (and I don't mean RAM).

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801