Re: lazarus & fpc - absent

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Johan <johansche@telkomsa.net> wrote:
> David Goodenough wrote:
>>
>> On Sunday 10 October 2010, Johan wrote:
>>

>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> I am new to debian - starting to like it - in place of suse.
>>> I do a bit of programming in lazarus & fpc.
>>>
>>> Seem to be absent from the sources.
>>>
>>> How can I get it please.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Johan
>>>

>> If you us:-
>>
>>  apt-get source lazarus fpc
>>
>> you will get the source for both packages.
>>
>> David
>>

> I googled and found this..would that be any good?
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/lazarus/download
>

>   Download Page for lazarus_0.9.28.2-12_all.deb
>
> If you are running Debian, it is strongly suggested to use a package manager
> like aptitude <http://packages.debian.org/sid/aptitude> or synaptic
> <http://packages.debian.org/sid/synaptic> to download and install packages,
> instead of doing so manually via this website.
>
> You should be able to use any of the listed mirrors by adding a line to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list like this:
>
> deb http:///ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main
> Replacing /ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ with the mirror in question.

Better replace sid with sequeeze in that instructions, and run
aptitude update; aptitude -s install lazarus , to see which packages
will be picked from squeeze

You will need a mixed debian environment (see pinning [1]) or to do a
backport (both are advanced topics)

Seems like lazarus was removed from lenny for legal reasons [2]

Regards,

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences?action=show&redirect=Pinning