Re: tools to improve harddisk performance by short-stroking?

On 10/07/2010 07:33 PM, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
On 2010年10月08日 04:03, Ron Johnson wrote:

You'd need to add accounting complexity to the kernel (where would it
put the accounting data?)

I had been too brief, but if you read the article I referred to, it
works best only in case you put rarely accessed file to the posterior,
not 'infrequently accessed file' to the posterior.

I'm sure that this is a case of ESL, but you apparently do not realize that "rarely" == "infrequently".

Also, that still does not define what "posterior" of a RAID set is.

--
Seek truth from facts.