Re: Central configuration storage

On Oct 5, 2010, at 10:38 AM, Nick Douma wrote:

> I'm looking for a solution to store configuration files in a central location. My first guess was to look at LDAP, and see if you can use that for keeping track of configuration.

Have a look at Puppet. I use LDAP to store information about systems, and then based on that information, Puppet pushes out (or modifies) configuration files, among other things. (LDAP support is built-in, so long as you add an objectClass and a couple of attributes to your schema.)

http://www.puppetlabs.com/

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>