Re: sid: yaird: -t invalid flag option in kernel image install

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 03:06:28 -0400 (EDT), Joel Roth wrote:
> I'm not using it! The above linux-image package invokes it.
> I never asked for it. If I remove yaird, the linux-image package
> complains that it doesn't find mkinitrd.yaird.
> Even if I generate the initrd.img file using a different
> utility, the linux-image package still tries (and fails)
> to invoke mkinitrd.yaird every time.
> I have installed update-initramfs, however the linux-image
> package still looks for yaird.
> Nothing in /etc/alternatives suggests an alterative.
> I like apt's dependency management, but it does bring
> another level of complexity.

Check for hook scripts in /etc/kernel/postinst.d and
/etc/kernel/postrm.d that may not get purged when the yaird
package is purged.  That's where I would look first.
There's also /etc/kernel/preinst.d and /etc/kernel/prerm.d.
You should also check /etc/initramfs/post-update.d for hook
scripts, but I'd be surprised if yaird dropped anything in

  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :
 `. `'`