Re: Text overlow in Iceweasel

On 10/05/2010 06:38 AM, Anthony Campbell wrote:
I'm using Iceweasel 3.5.13 on Sid.

3.6.10 from Experimental.

I find that on certain sites, e.g. www.peterrussell.com, portions of
text are superimposed on top of one another - a sort of overflow. This
also happens with Iceape but not with Chromium-browser.

I've seen that before.

Not a new problem, actually, but it is turning up in a site that I am
professionally involved with. I complained to the designers who replied,
predictably, that it occurs because I am using a "very unusual browser
and operating system"!

Linux is definitely a minority desktop OS, but you really should present to them the statistics showing that FF has about 25% of the market.

I'm not sure if it is a design fault in the sites or a bug in Firefox.
Anyone shed light on this? I didn't find anything relevant on Google.

Anyway, when I went to www.peterrussell.com and poked around at a few pages, everything looked normal.

Note, though, that my default font is Arial 15 and I've installed a lot of fonts, so that might make an impact.

Seek truth from facts.