Re: Installation issues of Debian 5.0.6 "Lenny"

hi David,
maybe you can ask someone with the same problem here:
good luck!
bye

2010/10/4 David Shum <davidwhshum@gmail.com>
Hi,

Ever since the university I attend for my postgraduate course in Information Technology introduced me to Debian, I have been an avid user of the operating system as a desktop environment.

I have been able to successfully install Debian 5.0.6 "Lenny" in an old Compaq desktop with Pentium III processor.

However, I could not install Debian into my Hewlett Packard dv6-3030tx notebook with a Intel i5-540M processor (dual core).  I have been able to install Ubuntu 10.04.1 "Lucid Lynx" albeit without the software driver for the ATI graphics card which causes the operating system to crash.

I also was able install Debian into this machine I am typing my email on now, which is an ASRock desktop board based on AMD 880G chipset and AMD Athlon II X4 640 processor (quad core), but when I loaded the operating system, the monitor went into screen-saver and froze.

If anyone knows anything about these issues or had experienced something like this and had it resolved, please let me know.

Best regards,

David