Re: ECS 6100 PM-K2-v7 BB-3801G

On Sunday 03 October 2010 10:05:11 Angus Hedger wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 08:53:15 +0100
>
> Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone any experience of running this motherboard with Lenny?  Do
> > graphics, sound and network function correctly?
>
> I had a real hard time finding out what the motherboard was, is it
> this? [1]. It should all work fine, its very standard hardware.

Sorry. :-)  "My bad" to use the current (or is it already past?) expression.
That makes it even kinder of you to have replied - I didn't deserve it.

> As for the GPU, it should work both under nouveau (NV40 family) [2] and
> the nVidia binary blob, depending on your needs.
>
> If that isn’t the motherboard/etc you are talking about, pleases provide
> more information or a link!
>
> [1]
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/Barebones/Novatech/BB-3801G.html
> [2]http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix

Thanks, Angus.  That is exactly the board - in fact this actual Barebones is
what I am thinking of buying on his behalf.  I am being more cautious even
than usual because it isn't for me!

Lisi