Re: Debian hyperthreading support

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 00:08:30 +0100
Nathen <n147258369@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Pretty simple question really, does Debian i.e. the current Linux
> Kernel handle hyperthreading well? I have a server running on an Intel
> Atom D510, should I have HT enabled or disabled to get the best
> performance?
> Thanks. :)

Sorry, the link was bad (for p4 hyperthreading) its late, my bad.

Reading more, it seems that with the atom, hyperthreading really helps
with parallel tasks, so I would leave it on.

I cant find any benchmarks of it on vs it off, and I dont have a spare
HDD to boot the atom330 I have to do some of my own.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97