Re: escputil won't clean printer heads

On Sat October 2 2010, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> It doesn't work either with:
>
>  $ escputil -c -r /dev/usb/lp0

I just tried it on my system & got this:
# escputil -i /dev/usb/lp0
Escputil version 5.0.2, Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Robert Krawitz
Escputil comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'escputil -l'
under certain conditions; type 'escputil -l' for details.

Obtaining ink levels requires using a raw device.
#

man pages don't say what the raw device name is.. no clue..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800