Re: Xen on Squeeze won't start

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 22:51, Rippl, Steve <rippls@woodlandschools.org> wrote:
Well just in case someone else hits this... once my colleague
suggested I look closer at what grub2 was doing, and after more time
on Google and experimenting I came up with this... the actual xen 3.4
hypervisor isn't being put into the grub2 boot list.  It's not good
booting off the one that says ...-xen-... as that appears to be the
paravirtualised kernel, not the hypervisor.  So, the following in
/etc/grub.d/40_custom

The simpler way appears to be:

cd /etc/grub.d
mv 20_linux_xen 08_linux_xen
update-grub

A search for "xen" in the bugs for grub-common yields the following hit, which has been merged with other bugs:

However, in the yesterday's squeeze, the problem was still present; Xen dom0 does not get preference over the other installed kernels, which is a pretty big bummer.

Should I file a new bugreport for this?
--
Jan