Re: how to configure gcc

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:12, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
On Wednesday 29 September 2010 15:18:46 abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Thanks for answer
> yes but normally  gcc should be configured, where is the config file,
> for example  sshd_config   is a config file for ssh,  vsftpd.conf  for
> ftp server and so on ..,  so where is the config file for gcc, just this
> I couldn't find it.

It's in the same place as the config file for ls, cp, and rm.  (There isn't
one.)

sshd runs continuously as a daemon, as does vsftp, which is part of why they
have configuration files.

You should use make or another build system to provide options to gcc, ld, and
other tools used for building your source.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                   ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))

I think using an alias 'gcc -lm' is not a good idea.  It may be looking easier for this particular C file, but '-lm' would be linked always for even in the case of hello_world.c which is really unnecessary.
The best way to solve this problem is as I mentioned previously..... use makefiles