Re: how to configure gcc

On 9/29/2010 2:31 PM, David Jardine wrote:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 06:46:20PM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
hi,
by default  I have to add option  -lm  to the command gcc  -lm  file.c
when I use  math functions.  Where can I configure gcc to add it to the
default gcc,  after what I don't need  the option -lm ,  just gcc file.c
thanks for help

You could add

alias gcc='gcc -lm ' (note the last space)

to /etc/profile

Good idea. There may be an existing alias for gcc, then he might want to edit it carefully, rather than simply adding the line.

:)