Re: [opensuse] Fwd: [Mw] Gmail accounts

On 29/09/2010 15:09, Doug wrote:
This from the amateur (ham radio) microwave list, for your information.

Folks
It appears that the GMAIL server is not accepting microwave list mail
when you are the originator of the message.
I will have my ISP look into it.

If you have a xxx@gmail.com address, you might not be getting your own
messages back through the list, and in some cases it might not even get
to the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Mw] Gmail accounts
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:59:53 -0400
From: Tom Williams <tomw@wa1mba.org>
To: Microwave_temp <microwave@lists.valinet.com>

 Folks with Gmail accounts.

According to Google, the Gmail system has  a "feature" which
automatically filters out from you inbox messages which you have sent to
any email list. It apparently throws them away. Google tells you that
they are "still there" in your "sent folder". Personally, I find this
amazingly poor design, but that is what I have learned.

Tom

I believe that this "feature" of gmail has been known for quite some time.

BC

--
Sound that shatters silence is called noise. Sound that enhances silence is called music.
                                          Chinese proverb